Karnataka, KCET result 2018
KCET result 2018 was published byKarnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) in online mode on June 1. Shridhar Dodamani was declared as the topper in engineering. A total of 73,197 girls and 72, 866 boys have qualified in the exam as per the details released. The KCET result 2018 can be checked by entering the registration number. The result of KCET 2018 is available only for those candidates who have appeared in the entrance test. Qualifying candidates of the state engineering entrance test will be able to check their scores and ranks through the KCET 2018 result.
Candidates will also be able to download their rank card through KCET result 2018. On the basis of candidates score and rank in KCET, the examination authority will conduct the counselling and seat allotment for admission to B.Tech programmes across the participating institutes. It must be noted that the candidates have to download the KCET 2018 result and keep it safe with them till the admission procedure is completed.
The KEA has also requested candidates to enter their CBSE/ CISCE / 10+2 , etc., marks so that the KCET 2018 result can be processed. Candidates were given the option to enter the details from May 16 onwards; the link for the same is given in this article below. If you wish to know complete details about KCET result 2018, then read through the article below.
Important Dates related to KCET Result 2018
|KCET 2018 held on||April 18 and 19, 2018|
|Kannada Language Test in Bangalore||April 20, 2018 (only for Horanadu, Gadinadu and Kannadiga candidates)|
|Declaration of Karnataka CET result||June 1, 2018|
|Counselling to be conducted||June 5, 2018|
Toppers KCET 2018
|Rank||Details of Toppers
|1||Shridhar Dodamani from Vijayapura district i|
|2||Narayan Pai from Dakshina Kannada district|
|4||Tuhin Girinath from Bengaluru|
|5||Aneeta James from Bengaluru|
How to check KCET Result 2018?
- Candidates need to click on the KCET official result link given above
- Enter KCET 2018 registration number and click on Submit button
- Check the result of KCET 2018 and download it for future
- Check whether the KCET result sheet reflects any changes in the qualifying marks. Also, cross-verify the code on CET result sheet.
- If any discrepancies are found then it can be challenged.
How to check KCET 2018 Spot/Additional Rank?
- Click on the link here (Link will be updated later)
- Enter the KCET registration number and check KCET spot or additional rank
What will KCET 2018 Result carry?
- Candidates’ subject wise score
- Candidates’ total score secured in KCET 2018
- Ranks of the candidates in the exam
Important Point: Candidates who belong to CBSE/ CISE/ Repeaters/ Outside Karnataka will be required to submit their 10+2 qualifying marks. The link to submit the qualifying marks is given updated below. Candidates failing to upload their class 12th/ 10+2 qualifying exam will not find a place in the merit list for admissions.
How is KCET Result Calculated
KCET 2018 examination has a total mark of 180 (60 marks each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). The candidates will be allotted 1 mark for each correct answer. In case of a wrong answer, no marks will be deducted by the official authorities. To calculate the final score of the candidate, the marks allotted will be summed up. The total marks calculated will be the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance examination.
How to challenge KCET 2018 Result Sheet?
- Candidates have to challenge their result sheet by submitting their objections within 3 days of the result announcement. The results of such candidates will be declared later.
- The objections can only be raised against the qualifying marks on the KCET result sheet, however, objections against the marks scored in KCET 2018 cannot be raised.
- To challenge the KCET 2018 result sheet, candidates have to cross-verify their qualifying marks on the result sheet and if any discrepancies are found, they must contact the KEA authorities and get their ranks changed.
- Candidates, whose results will be withheld against the want of qualifying examination marks, must submit a photocopy of their marks card of the qualifying examination via speed post or in person.
Objections can be raised only for the following:
- Qualifying examination marks
- Missing rank on KCET 2018 result sheet
- Version code of KCET question paper incorrectly marked
KCET Merit List 2018/ Rank List
The merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the marks scored by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in KCET 2018 along with the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination in the ration of 50:50. Ranks will be assigned only to those candidates who will be eligible as per the norms prescribed by the conducting body.
How is KCET 2018 Merit/ Merit Rank calculated?
- The final answer key of KCET 2018 is used during evaluation to calculate the merit order in the merit list of KCET 2018.
- Ranks will be given to candidates as per their merit list declared by KEA.
- Separate result sheets reflecting the engineering ranks will be published as per the date announced for it.
- Ranks will also be allotted to those candidates too whose result is withheld for the want of Second PUC/12th/qualifying marks.
What after KCET Result 2018?
After the result of KCET 2018 is declared, candidates must look at the cutoff of KCET so as to get an idea about their admission chances based on the ranks and marks they have scored. The candidates will be allotted seats in the counselling process based on their secured marks in the examination.
KCET 2018 Cutoff
The cutoff of KCET 2018 is the closing rank at which admission to a particular B.Tech programme, at a particular institute, is closed. KCET cutoff 2018 will be different as per the different categories of candidates. Only those candidates, who secure ranks either equal to or above the cutoff of KCET 2018 will be considered for admission.
KCET 2018 Counselling
The counselling of KCET 2018 will be conducted in both offline and online mode from June 5, 2018. All of those candidates who have qualified the entrance examination will be able to apply for the counselling session. Firstly, the candidates will have to verify their documents at the counselling centre after which they will be provided with a user ID and password. Next, the candidates will have to select their preferred colleges and courses. Seats will be allotted according to the candidate’s preference and their merit ranks. Finally, the candidates will be required to report at their allotted institute for confirmation of admission.
Enter your marks in CBSE/ CISCE / 10+2 , etc.
KEA authorities have asked candidates to enter their marks in CBSE/ CISCE / 10+2, etc. so that the result of KCET 2018 can be processed. Any candidates who fails to enter the requested details, their result may not be announced. To enter the details, candidates need to log-in using their user id, password, and the security code displayed on screen.
To enter CBSE, CISCE, 10+2, etc. marks – Click Here
Instructions for entering 10+2 marks
- Candidates must have passed in all subjects. Otherwise they are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual 2018 are not required to enter their Q.E. marks as the details will be obtained directly from the department of PUE
- Candidates from other boards must however compulsorily enter 10+2 marks.
- Additionally, the scanned copy of the mark cards/sheets mentioning the CET Admission Ticket No. also has to be uploaded
Method of entering the marks
- Click on the link given above
- Enter user id and password
- Enter register number or roll number of 10+2 standard examination
- Next, enter marks for exah subject
- Enter total and maximum marks of all the subjects
- Upload scanned copy of CET Admission Ticket No.
- Submit the form
If you have any query, Do write us in the comments below.